Our third and fourth grade classes are taught in a combination of traditional and multi-age models. Both grades are working on the same subjects, but each individual student is working at his or her own level.
Our goals in third grade, are to continue helping kids learn weekly phonics-based spelling words, study prominent figures in U.S. and world history, convert measurements and solve measurement equations, learn to count money, solve money-oriented story problems, and achieve a basic understanding of fractions.
Five fun things:
- Field trip to Deception Pass
- Learning Bible stories about Joseph and Moses
- Learning to write in cursive
- Improving typing skills in the computer lab
- Memorizing the multiplication facts
Our goals in third and fourths grades, among others, are to help kids further with multiplication and division, fractions, measurement, geometry, decimals, penmanship, parts of speech in English, to help guide kids through both Old World history and an overview of the New Testament and the book of Acts. We get kids involved with oral and written book reports, poetry, dictionary skills, an introduction to geometry, and multiple-digit addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Five Fun Things:
- Choosing school spirit day themes
- Studying marine life aboard the vessel Snow Goose
- Learning the scientific process for the science fair
- State Research project and State Fair
- Studying God’s word Q and A style
Located at the Sunset Campus, Hours are 8:30 AM-3:30 PM, drop off starts at 8:15 AM.