6th, 7th & 8th grade students of all ability levels are encouraged to play after school intramural sports including soccer, basketball and archery.
Sportsmanship and Christian character are important areas of development in our athletics program. After losing badly in a game, our boys’ basketball team handled the defeat with class. “I’ve never seen that kind of maturity,” the referee remarked afterward to our coach. The game went down on the team’s record as a loss, but it was a standout victory otherwise, for the major emphasis of our athletics program focuses on developing Christian character: sportsmanship, teamwork, commitment, and handling the range of emotions accompanying victory and defeat.
Our program emphasizes building Christian character with the following goals:
- Teach students how to work as a team.
- Teach students how to win graciously.
- Teach students how to lose with respect and dignity.
- Teach students how to respect the referees.
- Teach students how to be strong and overcome discouragement and stress.
- Develop self-control.
- Have fun.
- Promote fitness.